Sunday, March 1, 2009

Working a Double

So I think I have found out what might have been the cause of me not working a double. In intense temperatures and work situations where my hands are being used a lot, my right little hand, with its being four fingered and all, begins to ache. Bad. On saturday, I had jokingly said to my supervisor "Hey if you don't send so-and-so home, you should send me because my hand hurts." My supervisor then turned and told me: "that's why you didn't work that double!" I stared for just a second and then my supervisor added: "We didn't want you to get hurt." Never before had I felt so much anger. And it was all directed to my hand. My hand that gives me so much of my personality, the hand that has made me grow and learned to love and that made me so original. A ton of things went through my mind like my difficulty to play the piano and guitar, to do things in PE, all the things that my hand hinders me. The emotion was so intense that I almost started to cry right there at work but gladly didn't. I was so upset that I went straight home and right to bed at ten o'clock.

No comments: